Tuesday 23 October 2012

Glamorgan Family History Society Fair - Merthyr Tydfil 13 October 2012

I had a very enjoyable and informative day at the Glamorgan FHS Annual Fair at Merthyr Tyfil Leisure Centre last Saturday.
The photo was taken of the stand before the doors opened.
I chatted with many people and it was fascinating to hear their family history stories and about their brick balls.
I was able to help a gentleman who had a print out of one of his ancestors with an unknown parish name of "Lannboydee" recorded on the print out.  I was able to tell him that the parish was very probably Llanboidy in Carmarthenshire.
At the Fair we held a free prize draw with the prize "Half a Day with a Professional Genealogist". The winner was Mr C Jaggers of Glynneath who is researching Jones and Perrott families.
Thanks to all the volunteers who organised the Fair and I will definitely be there next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment